the coin necklace
The (H)Mong are often associated with their beautiful silver jewelry. One iconic piece is the "paug" or necklace. The Coin Necklace is inspired by the neck part of the "paug" called the "cheeb paug". It is the foundation that holds all of the elements together. At hiimfxu, we believe its strength and stability represents the community's resilience.
- 100% Hemp. Handmade by Mong in Laos.
- Metal coins
- Logo charm
- Hand wrapped polyester and metallic cording
- One size fits most. 18" circumference.
- Handcrafted wire W-clasp closure
- Handcrafted in NYC. Please allow 5-7 business days for production.
Our Mong batik hemp fabric is handmade individually in Laos. Please expect variations in patterns and color. Each necklace is unique and individual. Note: indigo dye may transfer to skin and light colored clothing.
Spot cleaning only. Avoid long exposures to direct sunlight.
Metal finish may tarnish over time.