the batik textile art
The Batik Textile Art is 100% handmade by Mong and is inspired from the idea of preservation through admiration and appreciation. It is said that the lost H(M)ong language was preserved in H(M)ong textiles. We wanted to create a space where our Mong textiles are recognized as art. Each composition of textile art is carefully and thoughtfully selected.
- 100% Hemp Geo Batik. Handmade by Mong in Laos.
- Vertical or Horizontal
- 4-ply acid free cream cotton mat board for preservation
- 1/8" acid free foam core backing
- Hand sewn/mounted onto foam core
- Mat window dimensions 8 3/4" x 12 3/4"
- Mat outer dimensions 16" x 20"
- 3 unique patterns
- Mat window dimensions 5" x 7"
- Mat outer dimensions 8" x 10"
- 2 unique patterns
- Frame and glass are not included.
- Handmade in NYC. Please allow 3 -5 days for production.
Our Mong batik textile is handmade individually in Laos. Please expect variations in patterns and color. Each piece is unique and individual. Store/hang in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight.
Each piece of artwork has been carefully hand mounted with preservation techniques.The mat board has an even border all around artwork giving it room to breathe. We have carefully considered the framing process and have made the outer dimensions so that a ready made frame can be used. We recommend to avoid direct exposure to sunlight and to use a UV preservation glass.
Please specify which pattern of batik and direction you'd like the artwork to go and we will mount it accordingly. If you'd like something specifically, please reach out to us and we'll try to accommodate you as best as possible.SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave